[AccessD] OT: Re: How to troubleshoot a blue screen

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jun 19 13:54:50 CDT 2012

Well it seems it was not the SSD after all.  I had another blue screen this AM.  I discovered that I
am booting off of an SSD as well.  I fixed up a thumb drive that runs Linux that allows doing an
offline migration of one drive to another so I cloned the boot disk (Vertex SSD) to a hard disk and
rebooted into that hard disk and disconnected the Vertex SSD from the motherboard.

We shall see whether that was the problem.  Whatever is happening, I am now getting a boot time hang
in the bios as it tries to access SATA port 3.  Is it SATA port 3 or something else?  Only time will
tell.

I am back at work trying to use my SQL Server.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it