[AccessD] Running A Stand Alone On A MAC

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 22 00:04:24 CDT 2012

Actually, I find it all very interesting.

It is fun to hear someone articulating a problem in a middle of an very
complex project.

I tend to not mention anything I do as it would just bore most. Who cares if
you create a sequential number generator, clock driven and managed to shave
off thirty percent in processing time. It is really simple but it took two
days to make it happen. By tomorrow it will be running another twenty
percent faster. ;-) With a small database of less than a million records but
twenty five years of data, it will take about 87 hours to process with a
dedicated system running flat out so I built a processor that runs off the
keyboard reader and it does a few records in the background on a variety of
tables, when the operator pauses doing entry...it has been running steadily
for two weeks now. See I told you it would bore you.

Is it difficult? No not at all, if the problem is broken down into small
bite sized pieces, taken one chunk at a time, resolved and then move on to
the next chunk.

My rule is stubborn patience beats smart every time.

Jim