[AccessD] Fw: Office 365 Re: You Guys make Me Sick

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sat Jun 23 21:04:32 CDT 2012

Doug - I agree with most of what you said. However, the part about the
negative for the fees for Office 365 I think is being a bit "cheap". They
are really reasonable IMHO. Sure, "Free" is always great...but I've been
burnt so many time with "free" offerings. Logmein for example: totally
worthless without the File Manager to transfer files to/from host.

And Speaking of Access in Office 365. You are right...what's the big deal
with Access running as a distributed app.
It's THE UPDATES ! Imagine constantly having to download a 2 meg accde file.
Now if there was a seamless way of doing this and detect for new updates,
that would be a great solution.

So for cloud apps that have a specific, selected set group of users, it's
great....and Albert K has demonstrated that.
BUT it's out of the question as a public app.