[AccessD] Exchange Rate - Currency Converter thingy

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jun 27 03:39:59 CDT 2012

Hi Darren et al

Also note that the EU has this official site, InforEuro:

http://ec.europa.eu/budget/contracts_grants/info_contracts/inforeuro/inforeuro_en.cfm

with monthly exchange rates from the European Central Bank all the way back from 1994 to the current month between Euro and just about any currency.

Data can be viewed on-line or downloaded in XML (though named as XLS files) or CSV format.

As rates are with six significant digits, you can create a triangular conversion between any two currencies with a decent precision.

/gustav

>>> darren at activebilling.com.au 27-06-12 1:47 >>>
Hi Team,

A couple of years ago I read an article that had some sample VBA code on how
to make contact with a webservice and retrieve currency conversions.

I wrote a nice little interface to it in Access and all was well with the
world.

I have a need for this little app but can't, for the life of me, find it
anywhere.

Anyone know of any code etc. that might help me re-build this thingy?

Many thanks in advance

Darren