[AccessD] Exchange Rate - Currency Converter thingy

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jun 27 09:15:55 CDT 2012

Hi Jack

No, ecb.int is indeed the official site of the European Central Bank.
Lots of info can be pulled here as well. Notice for example the excellent graph here for the USD exchange rate:

http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/eurofxref-graph-usd.en.html

and the little link mid-right: -> XML (SDMX-ML) data file
for the selection of data you have done with the slider controls.

The site I referred to below is one of many of the European Union which offer lots of statistical material.
It has just been decided that a goal (over some time) is to make all public data of the EU accessible for everyone to encourage businesses to extract whatever knowledge there may be hidden in this huge amount of data.

/gustav

>>> jackandpat.d at gmail.com 27-06-12 14:19 >>>
Darren,
I got the code from UtterAccess and have not done much with it. I did find
another site
http://www.ecb.int/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml (European Central
Bank) that was referenced in some materials and provides a list of
currencies and the latest Euro relationship. However, I think Gustav's link
is the "official site".

I am interested in learning how to get material from the website using vba.
If anyone has
good examples or tutorial for same or use of XMLHTTP , DOM etc with vba,
please provide coordinates.

Darren I thought you were familiar with the processes involved and just
needed some base code to work with. Like many things, I find a few
"procedures/routines" and save them for when I have more time(ha ha).

Thanks Gustav for the site info.
Jack