[AccessD] OT (kinda) - 2nd time in as many days.

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jun 30 11:44:16 CDT 2012

I installed the wrong version of SQL Server.  I tried to uninstall.  The uninstall told me I had to
have DotNet 2.0 SPX.  I downloaded it.  The installer informed me that it won't install on my OS
(Windows 2008 R2).  Hmm.... can't uninstall without it, but can't install it.

Today I was installing SPs.  I ended up trying to install IE9.  I had to jump through hoops
eventually ending up on a "download the version for your OS".  I selected Windows 2008 R2.  It
downloaded one with Windows 7 in the file name.  I tried to install it and... you guessed it...
can't install on your OS version...

Does anyone actually test this stuff?

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away