[AccessD] Data extraction advice

Chris Swann dc8 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 4 05:36:34 CST 2012

Hi all,

I am hoping that I can get some advice on the best way to extract and
present some data.

I have a query which is extracting a subset of data from the main table
in the database.

The query contains the following fields

Visit Date
Visit Site
HCP
Screen Offered
Screen Declined
Reason for decline

I need to be able to output the following details, both counts and as
percentages and grouped by Visit Site, Visit Date and with and without
the HCP grouped.

Number of visits - this will be all records in the query
Number of screens offered - values in field are Asymptomatic, not
applicable, no, yes and NULL values
Number of screens declined - values are clinic test, NCSP test, no and
NULL values
Reason screen declined breakdown - 13 values and NULLs

I had started creating queries to pull out each of the sets of data
needed but I don't think this will be workable in the long term and am
looking for a more elegant way to extract and present the data.

Any suggestions and comments would be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris Swann