[AccessD] Linked in groups

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Thu Mar 8 18:20:41 CST 2012

Yeah, I am on that group too, but nearly as a 100% lurker.  Like you - I am only accept connections from folks I actually know on Linked in.  I go for quality over quantity.  Frankly the whole social media thing is lost on me.  I am sure it has it uses, but the signal to noise ratio just kills it for me.  Linked in is the only one I use, and that is most for work stuff.

Way too much crap and babble, not anywhere near enough thoughtful insight on facebook and twitter et al.  Besides, if I want you to see X photo or hear about Y event, I will email you personally, rather than spamming everyone with my breathless excitement.  My friends all have fairly diverse interest.  What is gold for one is just rubbish to another.

Must be getting old hey...
Cheers