[AccessD] Date validation in the form

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Mar 12 08:27:16 CDT 2012

I set a validation rule to >=Date() and a validation text to explain if they break the rule.  I
opened the form and set the date to yesterday and the rule was not enforced, i.e. it did not
complain or refuse to allow me to perform the update.  I expected it to complain as I moved out of
the control, or at the least when I tried to move off the record, but it did not complain in either
case, and it did perform the save.

Do we know whether this is a "DAO behavior", i.e. that maybe using forms bound to ADO recordsets do
not perform this checking?

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it