[AccessD] Windows Azure MS SQL DB hosting costs calculation - anybody?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Mar 16 15:55:56 CDT 2012

Hi Jim --

Thank you for your link.
Windows/SQL Azure looks now less attractive than a regular ASP.NET/MS SQL hosting solution with custom web services. The following Windows Azure requirement looks rather restrictive:

"One of the major problems to is that you have to open a hole in the Azure firewall for MS Access to get at the Azure SQL db.  That's fine so long as you are on the LAN with a static IP.  Not so good for what I want--access from 3G clients."

They say SQL Azure hosting have to be "informed" about clients' IP addresses - and I and my customer could have dynamic ones...

Thank you.

-- Shamil