[AccessD] Split table's records according to user acoount

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Mar 18 11:15:21 CDT 2012

 > or you are binding to fields in more than one table.

Even that is not strictly true.  AFAICT it really has to do with the form being bound to a query
with one-to-one recordsets.

For example, in one client I have a query where the form is bound to a fairly long string of tables
- claimant / claim / policy etc.  However, while the tables themselves are one to many, each policy
can have many claims, each claimant can have several claims, the form query only pulls a single
policy record, a single claimant and a single claim.

JET can uniquely identify WHICH EXACT RECORD in each table should be updated.  That form is in fact
updateable in any of the tables, and I do in fact bind updateable controls to each of those tables.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it