[AccessD] Best Reporting Tool

Darren darren at activebilling.com.au
Wed Mar 21 17:35:55 CDT 2012

Hi JC,

Yeah, what a dufus :-)

I should also explain there will be no Access Solution 'tolerated'.
Very anti-Access here at the office, despite what we all know.
It most likely won't do what we require anyway without a lot of work.
I know Drew had a fabulous way of running Access reports from a browser and
even had ways of mimicking the param prompts.
He even demonstrated it to me many years back. Miss you brother.

Brad, thanks for the concept - It sounds excellent. Probably not for us
though.

These will need to be reports that are runnable in and from a browser.
Currently Reporting Services does this with allowing users to provide all
sorts of params.
All results can be saved to various formats including PDF and Excel
And it currently has the ability to set up 'subscriptions' that allows
reports to run and provides default params, exports to excel and then emails
the results to whomever.
All from within Visual Studio, for design and deployment.

So, something like that is what we need as a base minimum.
Sorry for leaving stuff out - That's why I mentioned we are using rep
Services at the moment.
I know a lot of you are familiar with it and would know what its base
capabilities are.

Sorry for the confusion team :-)

DD