[AccessD] Access Database Documenter & Word Ctrl-F with browse results

Benson, William (GE Global Research, consultant) Benson at ge.com
Wed Mar 21 21:12:21 CDT 2012

I have recently seen something in Access and Word which I found handy. I have always known about the Database Documenter now under Database Tools; I set it for let's say all tables, and show nothing but field names & properties. Then run and export to Word. Well what I did not know is that there is an easy way to jump between tables once the output is complete. Simply type Ctrl-F and search for "Table:" and then the Navigation pane (for once not a "pain") appears, I clicked the right right-most view which has tooltip "Browse the results..." - and there is an easy way to click each table one after the other, with the names right there.

Having this open as an app I can alt-tab to has very much improved my ability to focus on what I am doing in Access because I don't have to leave one object in Access to go inspect another.

I know, I know ... just now finding out what everyone else under the sun already knew. I have to run faster and faster just to stay in place.