[AccessD] Query Help

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:34:25 CDT 2012

Hey guys I need help!

It's been about 3 years since I have touched Access and can't recall
how to build a specific query.

Here is what I have:

tblUsers
------------
ID - Autogenerated PK
LastName
FirstName

tblPhoneBook
--------------------
ID - Autogenerated PK
LastName
FirstName
Location

What I need is a query that will give me EVERYONE from tblUsers and
the matching records from tblPhoneBook. The only fields that are
common are the LastName and FirstName fields.

This is the SQL that I've got and it's not working correctly, or at
least not to me anyway

SELECT tblUsers.*, tblPhoneBook.[LastName], PhoneBook.[FirstName],
PhoneBook.Location
FROM tblUsers LEFT JOIN PhoneBook ON (tblUsers.FirstName =
PhoneBook.[FirstName]) AND (tblUsers.LastName = PhoneBook.[LastName])
ORDER BY tblUsers.LastName;

tblUsers has 987 records and the query is returning 993 records and I
can't for the life of me figure it out.

These tables were actually Excel Spreadsheets that were imported into Access.

Help!! Please?!?!

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"