[AccessD] The Mysterious Case of the Missing Code

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon May 7 15:42:30 CDT 2012

Possible key word conflict?

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 11:42 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] The Mysterious Case of the Missing Code

Well, what has worked for most of it, was to open a backup that I found from
Feb 2009...there were many backups, but this is the only one that seems to
work...and copy the code...cut & paste, and re-type some as well. But, I
seem to be running into a snag w/the reports...I think there are differences
since the backup was made...and it is buggin' out on some pretty straight
forward code. ...see below...
___
Private Sub CmdSummaryRpts_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_CmdSummaryRpts_Click

    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

    stDocName = "frmCriteria"
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    Form_frmCriteria.DtStartDate.Visible = True
    Form_frmCriteria.DtEndDate.Visible = True
    Form_frmCriteria.CmdInterest.Visible = True
    Form_frmCriteria.cmdBalances.Visible = True
    Form_frmCriteria.cboStatus.Visible = False
    Form_frmCriteria.CmdLabels.Visible = False

*** It doesn't like the "Form_frmCriteria" part...back to the drawing board.

>>> "Michael Mattys" <michael at mattysconsulting.com> 5/7/2012 9:39 AM >>>
That has happened to me when using an Access 97 database opened with a new
version.
I did a back-up first, saved it as the newer version and found that I
couldn't get the objects back.
I had to use the "Open With..." feature with the back-up.

Michael R Mattys
Mattys Consulting, LLC
www.mattysconsulting.com