[AccessD] Plotting datapoints to Excel

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:35:32 CDT 2012

The company I contract to has a state mandated Excel report that consists
of data points entered as values by month incurred (down) and month
recovered (across).  I'm trying to figure out a reasonably fast way to
compile the data in the Access database where it's captured but I'm banging
my head against a wall just trying to get my arms around the spreadsheet.
(It is Monday, after all!)

The data points would be compiled from information on cost recovery and
avoidance, so we're looking at the month the cost was incurred (claim
filed) and the month cost was avoided (claim denied) or recovered (somebody
else paid up).  This is a progressive report, so it starts at an arbitrary
month and year and ends some indeterminate years later.  For now we're
simply dealing with March 2012 going forward.  Ignoring the rules on how we
know whether or not to report a specific claim, anyone have any brilliant
suggestions on how to parse out the data points?  I'm running on empty
today.

Charlotte Foust