[AccessD] Plotting datapoints to Excel

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Tue May 8 09:34:51 CDT 2012

Well the data resides in "Pivot" format in Excel.
You'll have to link to that Excel workbook/worksheet in Access and develop a
series of queries to "unpivot" transform the data and load into a table. The
keys to your Access table being the two dates. You could really make it
flexible with an attribute ID column so that multiple data elements (costs,
indicators, etc.) could be accomodated. Otherwise, you could create a new
column for each attribute. With the first approach, you'll need a second
reference table to identify each element.