[AccessD] Code to auto-load an ORACLE schema

Benson, William (GE Global Research, consultant) Benson at ge.com
Fri May 18 12:12:56 CDT 2012

I have some Oracle table information that looks like below. I would like to have some tables in my Access database get auto-created based on this kind of information.

Does someone have a routine to do this kind of thing?

My bigger issues are the data sizes, and the special NUMBER (p,s) - which I don't think Access will handle except perhaps through validation rules, which I don't have the skill at this time to write.

I know this is just a sample of the data types I might need to be concerned with.

Table Name	Field Name		Type & Size		My Comments
CUSTOMER	ADDRESS_LINE1        	VARCHAR2(240) 	is the default Subtype CHAR or BYTE
CUSTOMER	CREATED_DT           	DATE
EMPLOYEE	LAST_LOGIN_DT      	TIMESTAMP(6)
EQUIPMENT	CAPACITY_FACTOR         NUMBER(38)
EQUIPMENT	COMMENTS                       VARCHAR2(4000)         	would have to treat as memo
EQUIPMENT	UNIT_NUMBER                VARCHAR2(30 CHAR)      is the default CHAR or BYTE
EQUIPMENT	INTRV_BIS_C                    	NUMBER(5,2)            	How to handle this - validation rule?