[AccessD] Blatt or other email

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Mon May 21 22:56:10 CDT 2012

Stuart,

You are correct.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 4:37 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Blatt or other email

According to this page:
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287
GMail does require SSL/TLS.

 I'd be interested to see the relevant part of your vb.net code. Are you
sure that you are not doing something like the following - note the last
line!

Imports System.Net.Mail
Dim SMTPSender As New SmtpClient("smtp.gmail.com") ...
SMTPSender.EnableSsl = True

--
Stuart

On 21 May 2012 at 15:40, Doug Murphy wrote:

> I use the Gmail smtp server from a small vb.net winforms application I
> create to send email to our user group. Nothing special in the setup
> except you need to use port 587. The application works fine within the
> limitations of what Google allows as far as number of emails sent at
> any one time and max per day. I know nothing about the internals of
> smtp. Found most of the basic parameter settings in one of the online
> forums. I do not use ssl from my end.
>
> Doug

Stuart McLachlan

Ph:    +675 340 4392