[AccessD] Regarding multi-value field, from a reader

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Nov 1 14:06:04 CDT 2012

 If you haven't figured it out, we (developers) are not going to be in the
picture much longer.

 Microsoft just released details on Office and Access 2013:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj162978(v=office.15).aspx

Couple of quotes:

"A new interactive view designer makes it easy for users who have little or
no programming experience to build apps. "
"A new application model enables subject matter experts to quickly create
and share applications that can be used to run their business. "

  They are focused on the end user and nothing but and everything is about
the cloud and Office 365.  Traditional desktop development with Access is
out.

Here's a list of what got pulled out:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178954%28v=office.15%29.aspx;

Two biggies from that:

1. Access 2003 toolbars and command bars are no longer supported.  You
*must* use the ribbon.
2. ADP's are gone.

And there's a bunch of other stuff, like Pivot Charts.

Jim.