[AccessD] Access 2002/2003 Very strange behavior

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 16 09:58:06 CST 2012

Hi Lambert:

I had a similar set of issues a few years ago and found it all related to
some corrupt set of functions/subroutines/forms/tables. The problem was
solved by cutting out the contents of a module and dumping it into notepad.

After all the modules/queries had been copied I opened up a blank MDB and
dragged all the forms and reports across and then created new modules and
populated them with the notepad contents. Each table was exported to a new
table in the new MDB file.

After that, the new MDB compiled and ran fine. I had no idea what exactly
the problems were but believe it was cause by power issues. (I have also
noticed the data moved to a SQL backend tends to be more resilient and less
susceptible to data corruption especially in unstable power environments.)

Jim