[AccessD] [SPAM] Re: I got my Android Jellybean 4.2 update

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Nov 16 18:01:03 CST 2012

 > Sweet!

It is sweet.  I have set up three additional users in addition to "Owner" which is my account.
Passwords on each except for my daughter Allie's.  I went through the pain / nonsense of getting all
of the apps / games installed on each of those accounts.

Each has its own desktop which includes a "splash screen" or picture as you select a user.  You can
take a picture (or download one) to be used as a tiny gif for the users.  I used the tablet camera
to take a picture of myself and the result is the size of my fingernail.

All in all it makes the one tablet very usable by multiple people.  The biggest issue now is simply
the 8gb limit on the internal ssd.luckily the users really do share any apps that they have in
common.  However music and photos will fill the ssd quickly.

I purchased a Seagate Satellite 500gb drive with built in WIFI access point  for traveling with this
thing.  The Satellite can stream video or music to at least 4 different devices.  Of course you have
to use that so the Nexus 7 by itself doesn't make a very good video device.

I am taking my 11 YO son and his friend to Arizona for 10 days at Christmas.  I will be taking the
Nexus and the Satellite as well as my S3 smart phone.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it