[AccessD] Need for an Access programmer

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:31:16 CST 2012

Two points on this one, JC.
1. I LOVE the idea of a surcharge for rush delivery! Wot a concept! Good on
you!
2. I never give anything away for free, except to Value Village and the
Salvation Army. Whenever I "donate" work or discount work, the invoice
always states my billable rate for hours worked, and then there is an
optional Adjustments line which reflects the discount. That way, no client
is ever under the illusion that my time is without value. In some cases,
such as work I did for the Toronto Humane Society (equivalent to the SPCA
in the USA), the invoice nets to zero dollars owed. But I consider it a
matter of principle to inform the client what it would have cost had I not
entered the Adjustments line.

The moral: if you give it away, you're a slut (male or female, doesn't
matter). If you charge, you're a whore, which is a significant step up. And
if you charge a House and a Car, then you've entered the realm of the Elite
-- you're a Spouse!

Speaking of which, I've been thinking of finding a comely Arabian woman to
marry, and thereby obtain a dowry consisting of camels primarily, and
thereafter opening a zoo. Ya, that's it. Camels and elephants! And maybe a
few of those endangered Indian tigers.

Compared to that, programming seems way too dull.

A.