[AccessD] OT: Looks funny, doesn' it? => Nokia Joins The iPhone 5 Bashing With This Clever Lumia 920 Video Ad

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Oct 3 18:59:47 CDT 2012

Some interesting figures on smartphones and tablets:

>From
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/gadgetbox/android-apple-have-85-percent-worldwide-s
martphone-market-idc-992551
Here are IDC's figures for worldwide smartphone unit sales and market share in the second
quarter of 2012, by operating system.
Android (Google) - 104.8 million units, 68.1 percent share (46.9 percent a year earlier)
iOS (Apple's iPhone) - 26.0 million units, 16.9 percent share (18.8 percent a year earlier)

and

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/10/03/us_data_shows_big_fall_in_apple_tabl
et_market_s hare/

A 1000-odd user survey recently carried out the US statistics gatherer the Pew Research
Centre and The Economist which focused on US tablet ownership during the three weeks
from 16 July found that Apple´s share of the market in the States had fallen from 81 per cent
in the year-ago period to 52 per cent.