[AccessD] OT: Looks funny, doesn' it? => Nokia Joins The iPhone 5 Bashing With This Clever Lumia 920 Video Ad

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:18:16 CDT 2012

DEAD DEAD DEAD wrong Hans. I bought Apple for YEARS beginning in 1988
through 1995. When I started abandoning Apple products was when I realized
I was paying a price premium of 30% for no better quality, in an industry
that was changing so fast as to make me feel I has already wasted whatever
money I spent 2 months after buying it. I seemed in a rush to part with
cash, just for cool factor. Then I got wise. I said, wow, this stuff should
be coming down in price, and I should stop buying at the top of the line.
That decision in 2001 probably has saved me $7-8,000 since then.

As for iPad, I can't think of a single thing it would do for me, I like the
screens on laptops better and I type on real keyboards better than I will
ever type on a touch screen. As for iPhone, I like my GS3 a lot better than
any iphone I have tested in the stores, though I agree it might take living
with one for a week to get a better feel for it. The GS3 is not really very
fast for me moving between applications, ESPECIALLY the music player, press
on a track, it takes a second or so to "load" or whatever and it should be
instantaneous. And I just can't get the hang of the camera. Ah, but I love
the form factor, the sleek way it slides in and out of my pocket and I
don't even feel I am carrying a phone (don't need a holster).

To me a phone is a phone - I do like Android somewhat and probably would
like iPhone apps more (except maps ;-) but there is no new revolution
coming from Apple in any technical sense, iPhone is just more of same, a
little better, and calling a vertically integrated company like Apple with
so few offerings a TRILLION DOLLAR enterprise is looking for a MASSIVE drop
in the near future. How many people do you think are going to stay in love
with this addicitive and stress-inducing constand need to be in touched and
be touched by literally everyone all the time. I personally am getting sick
of it. Social media is going to kill productivity because at the end of the
day, problems are complex, they take more analysis than simply whether a
movie gets one or two thumbs up from Ebert. And only on tablets and laptops
and desktop systems with information that is reliable whether or not the
cloud or 4G is responsive, will save the day more than checking who has
updated FB pages in the last 5 minutes. GET BACK TO WORK PEOPLE, SOLVE REAL
PROBLEMS.