[AccessD] OT: Meet, Play, Follow & Contribute: TypeScript - an open-source "Object-Oriented JavaScript" from MS..

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 5 02:42:16 CDT 2012

Hi Shamil

And here's the official intro by Anders Hejlsberg himself:

http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Anders-Hejlsberg-Introducing-TypeScript

However, I love the top comment by Scott Koon. He has a point:

<quote>
I'll go on record as saying this is almost the dumbest idea ever. We already have a strongly typed language that can compile to idiomatic JavaScript. It's called C#. Or Java. Or Lisp. Or C++.

I know MS is working on a better VM for JavaScript. I know they are working on making the JS tooling in Visual Studio better. Why are they waiting time with this language? Is Anders just bored at MS?
</quote>

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 04-10-12 18:50 >>>
Hi All --