[AccessD] OT: Meet, Play, Follow & Contribute: TypeScript - an open-source "Object-Oriented JavaScript" from MS..

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Oct 5 04:48:27 CDT 2012

Hi Jim and Gustav --

I'm currently looking at this scripting language as a tool to learn JavaScript - get JavaScript's ready to use code snippets generated from TypeScript code snippets, which would be relatively easy for me to start developing as I'm rather fluent in C#...

<<<
Is Anders just bored at MS?

He is probably preparing a solid ground for a "LINQ-powered TypeScript" to get native JavaScript code generated from it?

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:42:16 +0200 от "Gustav Brock" <gustav at cactus.dk>:

>Hi Shamil

And here's the official intro by Anders Hejlsberg himself:

>http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Anders-Hejlsberg-Introducing-TypeScript

However, I love the top comment by Scott Koon. He has a point:

<quote>

I'll go on record as saying this is almost the dumbest idea ever. We already have a strongly typed language that can compile to idiomatic JavaScript. It's called C#. Or Java. Or Lisp. Or C++.

I know MS is working on a better VM for JavaScript. I know they are working on making the JS tooling in Visual Studio better. Why are they waiting time with this language? Is Anders just bored at MS?

</quote>

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 04-10-12 18:50 >>>

Hi All --