[AccessD] sql to get stock variation

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Oct 11 14:08:46 CDT 2012

One way would be to put a FK in the record which holds the PK of the previously stored record for a
given stock.  That requires looking up the previous record before updating the new record but it
then gives you a dead simple inner join to get the difference between the current and the previous.
  Just join the table on itself using the PK and that FK.

It is called a "single linked list" when done in code.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it