[AccessD] Rounding Problem?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Oct 21 07:15:43 CDT 2012

LOL, true.  A floating point number by definition stores values which may not play well with
decimal.  Currencies are by definition decimal.  The currency data type is used to store numbers in
a decimal fashion.

There is a down side which is speed.  Floating point numbers are handled in hardware whereas the
currency data type is handled by a software library.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it