[AccessD] Main form requery help needed

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Mon Oct 29 12:19:50 CDT 2012

Hi,

I have a main form for households, with a subform showing the people in
the given household.  When I want to add a person to the household, I
click a button to open the person information form in add mode.  When I
close the person information form, I want the main form to requery and
update the subform.  If I close the main form and reopen it, the subform
is updated, but I would prefer it to update without the main form having
to be closed and reopened.

I thought that I could make use of the main form's "On Current" event
sort of like this:

Private Sub Form_Current()
     Forms![frmHousehold]!sfrmPeople_in_HH.Form.Requery
End Sub

This does not work.  So, I am doing something wrong and I don't see what
it is.  Asking for other eyes to look at it.

Main form is named frmHousehold.  The subform control is named
sfrmPeople_in_HH.

What am I doing wrong?

Tina

--