[AccessD] The iPad is soooo cool (uhhh ok.)

Jack and Pat drawbridgej at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 31 08:59:18 CDT 2012

John,
I sent this late last night (via gmail reply button) and it got bounced for
being too large. I'm sending it as a stand alone message in another email
system. Hope it makes it to you.

******------------ Original response -------------------**********
I agree it doesn't sound like the typical database. But as you said, there
are a number of facts about people and their preferences, habits, toys, etc.
With the volumes you have and the diversity, and the common key that can be
used to relate these various facts, you can respond to questions,
suggestions or the "who does X and Y and is between 20 and 35". Seems a bit
of a dream to a direct marketer trying to sell anything from auto insurance
to  new homes or furniture or travel. Seems more cost effective than
designing, running and using new survey results every time a new "who does X
and W and ..." comes up.

It sounds, and probably is, a bunch of surveys of people for various
reasons. And someone has seen that the various reasons and the various
surveys can be related to get a "pretty good approximation" of some new
feature - not in the initial survey objective.

Not sure how you describe it other than Subject, DateCreated, Total Records,
Origin of the Data, Type of Questions/Responses (choose a value vs supply a
value), then a list of fields/properties/attribute or whatever the "things"
and some indication of the number of responses per  field "thingy". Some
detail about the individual fields and the response types would be very
useful to anyone wanting to use the data/facts in different environments.

Just some ramblings that I'm sure you've considered.
Good luck.