[AccessD] Windows 7

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Thu Sep 13 12:57:22 CDT 2012

Hey All

Just bought a new machine, came with Windows 7.  A client asked me to update
an application we have been constantly updating for the last 10 years.  What
was MicroSoft thinking. A lot of my code and MicroSoft ActiveX controls
don't work anymore. I used the Common Dialog, ImageList and TreeView
controls (God help me what else). I had to download the ComCtl32.ocx and
ComDlg32.ocx because they do not come with Windows 7. Now I am having no
luck registering these items in the Windows/System32 folder. A couple of
(online)  recommendations suggested they should be placed in the
\Windows\SysWow64 folder and then registered, My question is, on the clients
older machines they will not have a SysWow64 folder. Any suggestions how I
can register these files from the System32 folder???

Thanks

Tony Septav

Nanaimo,BC