[AccessD] Windows 7

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 13:18:41 CDT 2012

Hi Tony,

Your new PC is 64 bit (if it was 32 bit it wouldn't have a sysWOW64 folder).

Because the two files are 32 bit, they need to be registered with the
regsvr32.exe file that is found in the sysWOW64 folder.  The regsvr32.exe
file in syswow64 is for registering 32 bit files, while the regsvr32.exe
file that is in the system32 folder will register 64 bit files.  This of
course sounds backwards, but you can search for the full explanation.

Put your two files in the system32 folder.
Open the Run dialog.
For a 64 bit PC Type in:   C:\windows\sysWOW64\regsvr32.exe
"C:\windows\system32\comctl32.ocx"   (with quotes) and push OK.
For a 32 bit PC Type in:  C:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe
"C:\windows\system32\comctl32.ocx"   (with quotes) and push OK.

Hope this works!
Dan