[AccessD] Bootcamp or Paralells - was RE: OT: iPhone/iPad development on an MS Windows PC - noway?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 14 15:56:59 CDT 2012

<<<
Bootcamp will allow you to multi-boot the Mac. Meaning you can either
run Mac OSX or Windows (or any other supported OS). But you can't run
them both at the same time

Hi Bryan --

Wouldn't  using Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro as the following:

Apple MacBook Pro MC975RS/A with Retina display 15.4"
(http://www.euronics.ee/tootekaart_en/47930/Computers_and_phones/Laptops/MC975RS)

be "lightning fast"? I mean it does have 256GB SSD and 256GB Flash Memory and 8GB (up to 16GB) RAM and so "switching to/rebooting" another OS wouldn't take more than a few seconds?
Would it be possible to keep "ready to boot (MS Windows) OS image" in Flash memory?
Is there such a need (to keep "ready to boot (MS Windows) OS image" in Flash memory)? - I mean haven't SSD and Flash Memory nearly the same access (memory read/write) time?

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:33:11 -0400 от Bryan Carbonnell <carbonnb at gmail.com>:

>Which is better is entirely subjective. It all depends on what the

customer wants.

Bootcamp will allow you to multi-boot the Mac. Meaning you can either

run Mac OSX or Windows (or any other supported OS). But you can't run

them both at the same time

Parallels (and VMWare Fusion which is what I run on my Mac or Oracle's

VirtualBox) allows you to run a virtual machine version of windows on

top of your Max OSX. That will give you the ability to run windows and

Mac OSX at the same time.

My guess is that the Parallels route would make the most sense.

Hopefully this make sense.

Bryan

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com

shouting "What a great ride!"