[AccessD] Windows 7 Muses

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Sun Sep 16 12:40:37 CDT 2012

Hey All

This has been the most bizarre experience I have had to deal with in my 20
or so years of programming.  A company that would change the playing field
rules with a new version of their operating system.  The problem I am having
is not so much getting the ActiveX controls working on my machine, but how
to deal with the client saying if you have Windows 7 32 or 64 bit version
here are a bunch of steps you will have to follow to get my application up
and running.

I have Googled and read all kinds of horror stories with developers (even
VB6) running into problems with these ActiveX controls (again given and
recommended for use by MS).  My new approach is to rewrite a huge bunch of
code (using suggestions from Doug Steele et all), so I can give my client
something transparent (their not knowing the underlying problems with
Windows 7). After Stuart's rave review of Basic4Android I am seriously
looking at developing customized Apps for my clients using this new medium.

Sorry Just Frustrated

T.Septav

Nanaimo, BC

Canada