[AccessD] SQL Server 2005 Embedded Edition

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:03:35 CDT 2012

My client uses BCM extensively; it's their main customer contact management
tool (they are a fairly large wholesale plant nursery).  I linked their
inventory control Access db to views in the BCM database for customer
validation, so they only have to do editing in BCM.

I just talked to the manager there; he isn't very happy with BCM.  He says
it crashes a lot.  They use it for contact info only - they tried using the
email handling functions but the database ballooned quickly and slowed
everything down.  They use an addon called 'CompanionLink' which syncs the
BCM contacts to iPhones.  BCM is free, so I guess as usual you get what you
pay for.

Doug