[AccessD] The list

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Sep 18 12:58:41 CDT 2012

Ken,

We are a community of volunteers.  I appreciate your opinion and mostly agree.  However to approach
it with "you guys need to do something" won't work.  Step up and ask for volunteers to assist you in
updating our business model.  Be prepared for a long and frustrating (but doable) process of
implementing changes.

We have made many changes in the past but because you are working with volunteers you will not get
things done next week - unless you do it yourself.  Everyone on this list works for a living, takes
vacations, eats and sleeps and so forth.  The larger the group the harder to get things done.

If you want to use them, we have email lists which can be used by the members of your change
committee to rout the emails required to get things done.  We have also in the past used chat rooms.
  That is hard to do because we live around the world.  What is convenient for you may not be so
convenient for someone the other side of the world from you.

Believe it or not I am attempting to encourage you to take charge.  I have worked on several
projects for the group and it absolutely is possible to implement change.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it