[AccessD] WPF Development

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Thu Sep 20 15:47:37 CDT 2012

Absolutely disagree.  Haliburton and some other major corps here in the Houston
area are all going to it to replace Win Form
apps.  If you look deeper into it, you
will see the difference in the power and the ability of the user interface.

Personally, WPF will beat WinForms hands down.

As for learning it.  There is an excellent book
that will take you into the depths of it,

Applications = Code + Markup: A Guide to the
Microsoft® Windows® Presentation Foundation

I use WPF, EF, Linq, and SQL Server.

At 06:52 PM 9/19/2012, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:07:17 -0500
>From: "Dan Waters" <df.waters at comcast.net>
>To: "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"
>         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: Re: [AccessD] WPF Development (was: HTML5 mobile-friendly web
>         sites   vs. native)
>
>Hi Robert,
>
>I have just started developing with WinForms / LinQ to SQL / SQL Server.  I
>bought a book and read about WPF and it seemed like the wrong mechanism for
>straightforward internal business applications.  Would you agree/disagree?
>How did you go about learning WPF?
>
>Thanks!
>Dan

Robert L. Stewart

Any fool can write code that a computer can
understand. Good programmers write code that
humans can understand. --Martin Fowler

www.WeBeDb.com
www.DBGUIDesign.com
www.RLStewartPhotography.com