[AccessD] FW: Ctrl Break

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Fri Sep 21 09:56:19 CDT 2012

Hey Brad
Thanks for the valuable info.

I just do not understand how much these companies are saving by not leaving
the Break key on the keyboard.

An aside:
Many many years ago (if memory serves me well) a car company decided to
remove a 75 cent fitting (cost cutting/saving on their end) on their gas
tank assembly. What ended up happening was if the car got rear ended the gas
tank would explode.  Needless to say they spent many days in court. And no
before some of you guys get started I am not expecting my keyboard to blow
up.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Brad Marks
Sent: September-21-12 9:17 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] FW: Ctrl Break

All,

I would guess that there are several ways to deal with this issue.

Here is another approach that isn't too bad (ya sure, you betcha this is
how we talk in Minnesota :-)

I use an free open source utility tool called AutoHotKey for many
things.  I call it my Swiss Army Knife software.

Here is some actual AutoHotKey code that will intercept a "Ctrl + F12"
and send a "Ctrl + Break".  For a test, I set up a tight loop in Access
VBA and killed it with a "Ctrl + F12". I choose "Ctrl + F12" for this
test, but it can be any key or combination of keys.

^F12::
Send, {CTRLDOWN}{CTRLBREAK}{CTRLBREAK}{CTRLUP}

This is probably the approach that I will use when my new PC comes with
a keyboard this is missing the Break Key.

"Why make things simple when you can make them complex and wonderful"
:-)

Brad