[AccessD] Basic4Android

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Sun Sep 23 11:12:43 CDT 2012

Hey Stuart

I need a review on Basic4Android. I read an interesting article in my local
newspaper on the cost of developing Apps for IP and Android phone/pads. The
basics of the article was it is expensive for the developer to design an App
and then hope to sell 1,000s of the product to reap a profit. The article
said in general it cost about $25,000 to develop the App. This would be
prohibitive to sell to a single  institution or business. In the past I have
designed many applications for clients to collect data in the field using
PALM and Pocket PCs and allowing them the ability to transfer that data to
an ACCESS application. I am thinking of designing customized data collection
Apps (no fluff or flair) for clients at a reasonable price (using basically
the same concept as the PALM and Pocket PC) and allowing the transfer of the
information to an ACCESS application. Is this idea applicable to
Basc4Android programming? I am not a VB programmer but rather a VBA
programmer. If this is possible? If so it may mean opportunities for other
developers to source  in this community.

Thanks

Tony Septav

Nanaimo, BC

Canada