[AccessD] What's the bug/problem with creating with Access2010 and deploying to earlier users?

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:46:17 CDT 2012

Darryl,

I decided before running the KB I'd try and duplicate the problem here, so I
decompiled and recompiled on my 64 bit SP1 machine and moved it to my XP VM.
Ran it expecting it to blow up. It didn't.... So I checked the details on
KB2640696 and found the dll's were dated 13-Jan-2012, version  ...
7601.17761. Checked several Dll's on my machine and they were dated
6/5/2012. The versions ended in 7601.17857.

After some research I found that an automatic update KB2698365 ran in July
sometime and appears to have fixed my SP1 error.  Apparently it did create
some problems in some VB6 programs but fixed ADO problems without me knowing
it.

Next real test will be shipping it to my client without recompiling in a non
SP1 machine  and crossing my fingers.

I'm sure glad you posted that it was fixed, I could have continued moving my
app to an old machine and recompiling for ever. I forgot to do that in June
and my client unhappily had to reminded me.

Bill