[AccessD] Free Cloud based MySQL

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Fri Sep 28 12:13:07 CDT 2012

I use Arvixe for hosting.  I can admin it through SSMS (SQL Server.
I can also access it with MS Access if I add ,1433 to the end of
the ODBC server name.

1433 is the normal port for SQL Server.

While it is not free, It is only about 200 for 2 years.

At 04:03 PM 9/27/2012, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 07:03:06 +1000
>From: "Stuart McLachlan" <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>
>To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
>         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: Re: [AccessD] Free Cloud based MySQL
>
>Does your web host allow you to access the SQL Server database remotely?
>
>Very few do - almost invariably, the only way to access a web
>database is through the web
>server, all other originating IP addresses are blocked (that's why
>you need phpMyAdmin or
>similar running on the web server to administer the database.
>
>The advantage of this one is that you don't need an intermediate web
>server based interface,
>you can access it directly from anywhere.
>
>--
>Stuart

Robert L. Stewart

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good
programmers write code that humans can understand. --Martin Fowler

www.WeBeDb.com
www.DBGUIDesign.com
www.RLStewartPhotography.com