[AccessD] Access instance interactions

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:35:56 CDT 2013

Office 2007 on Windows 7

I assume we all have experienced having more than one Access instance open at the same time.  I am
finding that when I start a long running query in one instance, the other instance will show the
twirly cursor if I click in it.  Once that operation is complete in the first instance control comes
back to the second instance and I can continue working in that instance.

It seems odd that the two instances are so "tied together".

Does anyone else see this kind of thing?

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it