[AccessD] Was Test, now deals with DB backend

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:54:33 CDT 2013

How do I build such a solution?

Would this work:

1) create an empty .accdb file with Access. Publish it as accde.

2) uninstall Access so that I now mimic a machine without capability to
open that file

3) write some vba code which connects to the accde using dao or ado.

4) write some create table scripts using sql

5) inject data using sql into the tables and then more sql for anslysis and
data edits

If all of the above works then that will be what I asked for an example
of... an Excel front end to an access db backend that someone who has
office but not office pro (ie, no Access) can use.

My next question is can such a be be compacted...?

My next question is can an mdb and or accdb be created usine Jet etc
without EVER having Access.exe?

2) I don't have any machines at my disposal which are clean of the files
Access installs.

Should I build an mdb, or accdb... then uninstall Access. The use Excel and
some code to connect to the tables inside the mdb? What makes the tables
visible to Excel?