[AccessD] import text

pedro at plex.nl pedro at plex.nl
Wed Apr 17 09:42:20 CDT 2013

No one any idea what is going wrong in the code?

Thanks Pedro

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Public Function melanomen()

Dim ff As Integer
Dim strTemp As String
Dim strOutputLine As String
Dim strResult As String
Dim strDQ As String
Dim strFilename As String
Dim strOutput As String
FreeFile ff
strDQ = Chr$(34)

strFilename = "C:\Temp\Test_Import.txt"

Open strFilename For Input As #ff
Line Input #ff, strTemp

While Not EOF(ff)
   If Left$(strTemp, 2) = "**" Then 'Build initial quote/comma delimited string
   strOutputLine = Replace(strTemp, " ", strDQ & "," & strDQ)
   'add start and end quotes
   strOutputLine = strDQ & strOutputLine & strDQ
   End If

   If Left$(strTemp, 10) = "CONCLUSIE:" Then 'Get next line
       Line Input #ff, strTemp
      strOutputLine = strOutputLine & "," & strDQ & strTemp & strDQ
   End If

   If Left$(strTemp, 10) = "DIAGNOSES:" Then 'Get next line
       Line Input #ff, strTemp
      strOutputLine = strOutputLine & "," & strDQ & strTemp & strDQ
      'and append this line
      strResult = strResult & vbCrLf & strOutput
   End If

   Line Input #ff, strTemp
Wend
Close #ff