[AccessD] Future of Windows XP

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 22 19:19:25 CDT 2013

XP has been Microsoft's best selling and surviving product but it just keeps going on and on. If they could they would send a virus of their own to corrupt every version so people would run out and buy something else. Everyone in the business wants XP dead as there is not a penny left to squeeze out of it...if you make a (near) perfect product your company will go broke waiting for all the computers, it runs on, to just quit.

Of course you are going to hear all sort of doom and gloom predictions but whether the opponents are speaking the truth, pumping up a news story, to frighten the masses or just want the public to open their wallets again and anti-up is the question.

I will agree with the opponents that XP is a little tired and does need replacing but I hate everyone being herded like a bunch of dumb sheep.

Jim