[AccessD] Would Like to Display Microsoft Works Data via Access 2007

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Thu Aug 29 15:11:43 CDT 2013

All,

We have one old PC in the factory that has Microsoft Works 2000 Version
5.0.

This PC is not used very much, but it does provide a way to work with a
single Works file (which is stored on a server).

I would like to replace this old PC with a new one and replace Works
with Excel.  This is not going to happen in the near future, however.

I am curious if there is a way (a utility) to automatically pull the
data from the Works file and populate an Excel file with this data.
Then I could get at the Excel file from Access.  We have an existing
"Inquiry" system that is built with Access-2007 that works very nicely.
It would be great if we could somehow integrate this old Works data into
our existing Inquiry system.

I am open to all ideas.

Thanks,
Brad