[AccessD] Which is faster DAO or Append Query? (in this case)

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Dec 25 07:44:38 CST 2013

I liked it totally.  There's things you can criticize about it, but it was a
lot of fun - good graphics, good action scenes - sort of like Star Trek
movies - not deep but fun to watch.

The book was better.  Perforce.  There's not time in a movie to develop
characters as you can in a book.  His sister, Valentine, and his brother
have their own plot line in the book which was very important but they just
couldn't do it in the movie - it would have been a 4 hour movie.  Bean was a
good character in the book - not well developed in the movie.

Of course, it's one of those movies that, if you've read the book, you fill
in the gaps.  Noah commented that the characters and settings were close to
what he imagined as he read the book.  I'd have to agree.

But it followed the plot for the most part.  And they did bring the primary
conflict to the fore.  Harrison Ford put in a real good performance, Ben
Kingsley is always good, as did Asa Butterfield who played Wiggin although
his character didn't have a real wide range of emotional response in the
movie.

I'd give it a shot, Arthur.  Just don't think about it too deeply and you'll
have a good time.