[AccessD] SQL Server Migration Wizard

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Sun Feb 3 16:48:30 CST 2013

"The first problem I run into is "Is it on IBM's list of approved vendors?""

It is likely to be early days for you, but in my experience in 'CorporateLand' is that the majority of 3rd party addins are blocked by default - which I can understand otherwise they would be infested with "Ask" toolbars and other crap.  However, if you dig around you can usually ask for an exception on these things, especially for productivity tools such as MZ Tools and Search & Replace (by Rick Fisher).

I usually explain that these addin's have been around for years and are already commonly used by many other large corporates without bother or incident and save you many hours of work.

Often it is just a matter of getting some middle manager to tick it off.

The other thing you can try - but doesn't always work, is to download the installers to a USB stick and them load them into corporate world from the USB.  I have done that plenty of times in the past too, although some places have stricter security on their USB ports than others (some places have them locked... hmmmm).

But of course, your mileage and success on this will vary between organisations.  Some are more flexible than others.  That said - it is worth a try as they are handy tools to have close.

Cheers
Darryl