[AccessD] OT - Learning VB.net

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 12:30:34 CST 2013

Hi Paul,

Over the last two versions of Visual Studio, Microsoft has been working to
equalize C# and VB.Net so that they have the same functionality.  It's close
enough now that it's really a personal preference for the developer.
However, the big learning curve is to learn either one.  Once you're
comfortable with one, if you end up in a software company which uses the
other, switching over won't be nearly as difficult as learning in the first
place.

When I started, I bought a number of books which were pretty helpful.  But I
quickly discovered that to do the things I wanted to do I ended up doing
google searches - by the thousands.  If you get your search terms right
you'll usually find what you want.

You should sign up for the dba-vb list at
www.databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo.

Good Luck!
Dan